• Sports

Ever since I can remember, I have loved playing sports. Growing up I started with soccer and dance, before moving on to ice hockey and floor hockey. In high school I fell in love with basketball, which lead me to coaching, refereeing, and getting to play on many different teams. One of my most memorable experiences was playing on Team Canada at the Maccabiah games in the summer of 2017. In high school I also played on my school’s soccer and volleyball teams. I find value in team sports, learning how to work with others towards a common goal. I was team captain of my high school basketball team, allowing me to develop leadership qualities. I am hoping to have the opportunity to coach a basketball team for my students. I am a big advocate for students to be active in any way they enjoy. 

• Leadership positions 

Throughout my life I have taken on many leadership positions. Throughout the entirety of high school, I was team captain of my basketball team as well as held positions on the student council. In my last year I took on the roles of Student Council Vice President and Grad Committee Vice President. I was chosen to be one of the Class Historians, presenting a speech at my graduation ceremony on behalf of the graduating class. Outside of school I held the position of the president of the Richmond chapter of the organization United Synagogue Youth, as well as holding a regional position. I have always enjoyed taking on leadership roles, and have learned how to be organized, flexible, and collaborative. 

• Creative Writing 

In my free time I enjoy expressing myself through creative writing. I am self-taught on the ukulele and enjoy writing my own songs. I also enjoy writing poetry and journaling, as I find it is a great way to get out emotions. I want to encourage my students to find an outlet that allows them to express themselves the same way I do with my writing. It is nice to look back at how far I’ve come and keep track of lessons I have learned.